Apply for a Home
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity.
We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program.
There are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or income.
To be considered
You will be considered for a FCHNWLA home if your present housing is not adequate, and if you are unable to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means.
- Lack of adequate housing may include problems with the present structure; water, electrical or sewage service systems; heating system, or failure to meet city property maintenance standards. Also taken into consideration are the number, the ages and the gender of children compared to the number of bedrooms in your present home.
- The percentage of your monthly income that you currently spend on housing is considered to determine need. You will be required to openly and fully discuss your financial situation with FCHNWLA personnel.
- You and your family will be considered if your annual total income is between 25-50% of the median income for NW Louisiana area. We will consider individuals below the minimum income guidelines providing all other qualifications are met.
Please read the information below and check our income guidelines to the right to see if you could qualify to receive a new home through our program.
If you filed for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
1. You must obtain permission from your trustee to obtain additional debt
2. Your most recent 12 months of bankruptcy payments must have been made on time
3. There must be no new collections or charge-offs or late pays AFTER the bankruptcy
If you filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy:
1. You must have discharge papers from your attorney
2. Eligibility is accepted 18 months after the discharge date
3. Some form of traditional credit must be re-established
4. Absolutely no charge-offs, collection of late payments are accepted after the bankruptcy
The following documents may be requested:
1. Completed Application
2. Authorization to release information
3. Most recent pay stubs
4. Public assistance income documents
5. Award letters
6. Divorce Decree
7. Bankruptcy Papers
8. Copy of State issued ID card or driver’s license
9. Copy of Social Security Card